Well yesterday I had some fun in the new house. After I wondered why some power points didn’t really work and after I got electrocuted because I touched the screw of a light switch I thought that can’t be it… I removed the panel of the main distribution board and well my hairs started to stand upright. That is what the “best” electrician can do in Liberia? Most of the wires are loose. From the main null wire, which goes back to the generator, only 2 of 7 individual copper lanes were connected. That thing would have blown for sure once the ACs get installed. I imagine that some of the other wires also got a smaller diameter than they should have. All the breakers are not sitting really tight. The Ground lane is just wiggled together and doesn’t really have insulation. Let’s hope it doesn’t come loose and touches the other wires. At least it doesn’t have power so they didn’t mix up some of the cables. The whole thing is more or less a mess. I just touched some cables and they came loose yeah dropped out of the breakers. Same for the switch…. The wire was actually touching the metal bit which holds the screws of the cover. That must have been a fucking genius who installed that. The relais or Schütz as we call that is also just a bad joke and wired in retardedly. I mean the whole idea of a Schütz is to not come in contact with high power lanes. With that setup however you have to press down the Schütz itself and the switch next to it which is supposed to do that normally is just a useless piece of crap. The whole setup of the circuits in the house is very confusing. Normally you’d think that one breaker is for one room or maybe two breakers depending on how big the room is. Here it is more like “hmm let’s see what we can fit together easily” and you end up with the circuit of the fence lightning, garage, and kitchen in one breaker. Warm water, pressure pump and the other half of the kitchen in another breaker. Part of room 1 with part of room 2 in one breaker and so on. The strange thing is that the less stuff seems to go to one breaker the higher the Amp rating of that is. Would be interesting to see the cables with a IR camera or something like that. Once the ACs are installed there will be a next huge test for all the wiring in the house.
After I more or less finished fixing the more important parts I started working on the car. The whole joke just continues. Whole fuses are blown and have been partly replaced by wire which again has partly melted down because it’s a fucking 2mm wire for a 100Amp connection to the starter. Other wire keeps the dashboard lights lightning up however the main thing like the glow plugs is not working. That way you’re kept in the illusion that everything is fine when it is not. Everybody seems to be an expert for everything here and yet most of the time they are not.